REGISTER HERE: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfP297dGDiZNtBZIXC9zC8xB0JkysQ1...
IF YOU REGISTERED FOR SESSION 1 YOU NEED NOT REGISTER AGAIN.
Description: In this class, we will learn how to assess the most common commercial building envelope assemblies for energy saving opportunities. We will also discuss challenges and potential risks with envelope improvements, how to identify and mitigate them. Finally, we will discuss the tools used to evaluate and prioritize building envelope opportunities in an existing commercial or institutional building.
Session 2 - Typical Opportunities for Improvement
- Exterior insulation, walls and foundation
- Interior insulation, walls and foundation
- Attic air sealing
- Air sealing - general
- Attic insulation
- HVAC equip in attic
- New and retrofit windows- single pane glass and glass block, solar gain and high internal loads
- Insulating basements and crawlspaces
- Roof insulation
- Uninsulated concrete or CMU above grade
- Opportunities at End of useful life, capital improvements, upcoming renovations, reuse materials (new avenue vapor barrier)