REGISTER HERE FOR ALL THREE TRAININGS: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfP297dGDiZNtBZIXC9zC8xB0JkysQ1...
Description: In this class, we will learn how to assess the most common commercial building envelope assemblies for energy saving opportunities. We will also discuss challenges and potential risks with envelope improvements, how to identify and mitigate them. Finally, we will discuss the tools used to evaluate and prioritize building envelope opportunities in an existing commercial or institutional building.
Session 1 - Identification of Building Envelope Opportunities
- R-value and diminishing returns
- Identifying insulation types
- Water vapor
- Air tightness, stack effect, wind, and HVAC pressurization
- Solar gain and orientation, high internal loads
- Surface area
- Below grade areas
- Mass effects
- Local climate - Heating or cooling dominant